Stars Roll Out for RamsTrust Clough Charity Event
BBC Five Live’s Pat Murphy to MC
RamsTrust is thrilled to announce our latest charity event, “Cloughie Remembered”, which takes place at
- Former Rams’ heroes attending are John O’Hare, Roy McFarland, Roger Davies and (subject to confirmation) Dave Mackay, alongside well-known football writers and journalists Gerald Mortimer and Neil Hallam. The BBC journalist and Clough biographer Patrick Murphy will host the event.
- Authors Michael Cockayne (Clough Years, Champions 1974-75), Gerald Mortimer (Are The Fixtures Out? The Who's Who Of Derby County), Tim Crane (The Life of Brian) and Patrick Murphy (His Way), will be available to autograph copies of their books on the night and RamsTrust will donate £1.00 for every book sold.
- Sales from copies of the official
tribute DVD/video In His Own Words will also bring a RamsTrust donation to The Brian Clough Memorial Fund. Brian Clough Derby County
- The evening is in remembrance of the great Brian Clough and also Mackworth Councillor Lonny Wilsoncroft, who died last year at 53 from Sclerosis and Scleroderma, with her lungs deteriorating before a transplant donor could be found. Mr Clough of course benefited from a liver transplant, which prolonged his life by nearly 2 years.
- The evening is in aid of Lonny’s Trust and all proceeds will go to that trust. Her trust has affinities with several organisations, including the Scleroderma Research Trust, which is trying to find better treatments for the condition from which Lonny died.
- Lonny’s Trust also highlights the campaign to promote more organ donorship - many lives can be saved if families & authorities know that loved ones’ organs can be used for transplant after death. Lonny was on the transplant register for a year before she died.
- Tickets are already on sale already to RamsTrust members on a postal basis through a website application form. Tickets cost £3.00 for RamsTrust members, £5.00 for non-members.
- A limited quantity of tickets will be available at the RamsTrust Rendezvous at
’s Eagle Centre Market from 8th January; any remaining will be available at the door but audience capacity is limited to 250 people. Derby
- Tickets will also be available via post from Lonny’s Trust at the same prices – please make cheques payable to “Lonny’s Trust” and send to:
Lonny's Trust, 2A Wentworth House
DE1 1UR Derby
- People can make further donations payable direct to Lonny’s Trust at their above address, or via the RamsTrust website at www.ramstrust.org and also by post to: RamsTrust,
PO Box 6377, Derby DE1 9XP. Please make cheques sent to this PO Box payable to “RamsTrust”.
For more information: